But now imagine being a child in one of these countries - current and future generations of children will be enslaved into learning and relearning new material - forever.
With the new found freedom there will be massive updates in the text books for these kids - listing below
1) History - (the worst and most effected)
- Now kids will have to learn and remember the names of all these leaders - Muammar Gaddafi, Hosni Mubarak, Zine El Abidine Ben Ali etc etc.
- Also will have to remember the names of people in alliance to these leaders
- Besides there will be a whole list of martyrs, fellow citizens like Wael Ghonim and others to be remembered
- And if this is not enough - there will be a list of specific dates, events etc that they will have to cram up
- For now it is safe but if there is shuffling of boundaries or division of countries then that is a whole new load of before and after they have to remember
3) Civics or Social Science
- With the new wave will come a new form of government - Democracy, Social Republic or maybe Communist - so they will have to learn the structures of the government, role of each official, powers of the judiciary vs state etc etc.
4) Maths and Sciences
-Here I don't see a lot of changes - maybe I am missing something.
5) Religion and Philosophy
- Obvious changes in the way Islam or any other religion is currently interpreted and how it should be really interpreted in the new world.
6) Literature and Languages
- Here also there will be substantial changes
- New Poems and Prose depicting the whole era
- Maybe some foreign language added to the curriculam
Purists might argue that this is a good thing - that the children will learn something worthwhile.
But I argue that even in these so called educated countries of the world there are Bushes, Palins, Kalmadis, Berlusconis, Mubaraks and many other dim-wits -
Did they bunk school?
Or they really did not learn anything?
Or is school education and the ways of learning also need a complete upheaval?
I dread to be that "school going kid" again.
Here is a beautiful quote -
But man ever so often discourages the Child............
Lastly a perfect Calvinism to all the educators of the world -