20100408

Emancipate

Emancipate :
Meaning of the word:
1 : to free from restraint, control, or the power of another; especially : to free from bondage
2
: to release from paternal care and responsibility
3
: to free from any controlling influence (as traditional mores or beliefs)


Some days back I was generally confused with certain situations going on currently so I surrendered myself to Mother Earth (don't think I am crazy - it works for me most of the times and here is one such example )
Multiple answers - (that so I think - as I still really don't know what they all mean) - appeared before me from different sources all having the same underlying message.


First:
I shuffled the jukebox on the Ipod and the very first song that played was Bob Marley's Redemption song - the one playing right now on the page.


Here are the lyrics in the song that caught my attention:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.

Second:
That same night I happened to end up watching the movie Invictus (movie link) - Directed by Clint Eastwood with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon - the movie shows how Nelson Mandela used the unique way of sports in this case Rugby to unite the apartheid torn South Africa.

The title of the movie is actually a poem - Invictus (link) by English poet William Ernest Henley. Here is the last stanza of the poem that intrigued me futher:


It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lastly

Next day I was browsing a link sent by a friend and this is what it led me to :

Beyond mind, there is an awareness that is intrinsic, that is not given to you by the outside, and is not an idea -- and there is no experiment up to now that has found any center in the brain which corresponds to awareness. The whole work of meditation is to make you aware of all that is "mind" and disidentify yourself from it. That very separation is the greatest revolution that can happen to man.
Now you can do and act on only that which makes you more joyous, fulfills you, gives you contentment, makes your life a work of art, a beauty. But this is possible only if the master in you is awake. Right now the master is fast asleep. And the mind, the servant, is playing the role of master. And the servant is created by the outside world, it follows the outside world and its laws.
Once your awareness becomes a flame, it burns up the whole slavery that the mind has created. There is no blissfulness more precious than freedom, than being a master of your own destiny.

Osho From the False to the Truth Chapter 7

I am not sure what this all really means with my current situation - hopefully time will reveal it.

All I can say I did take some bold steps after this subtle revelation - some worked some did not.


0 comments: