20080326

अ B (Now) C डी' s Tagged

A to Z of my life!!!
Tagged by Carolinagal
Before the actual Tag - another ABCD version -

American Born Confused Desi Emigrant
Father Gujarati Housed In Jersey
Kids Learning Medicine Now Owning
Property Quite Reasonable Salary Two
Uncles Visiting White Xenophobia Yet Zestful
(disclaimer - the above is from various sources with some modifications - not original)
_________________________________________________________________________
A nti - histamins - Its spring and this is my life for the next few months. Antihistamins work as earplugs to curb the noise and get me some sleep, as the pollen from the trees and my sinuses decide to copulate without my consent. The noise from their coitus rattles my nerves and leaving behind colorful trails of love juices.

Gateway of India - Colaba, Bombay
B ombay - No matter what they call it - I am still a BOMBAYITE at heart, soul, mind, body and spirit. Simply love the city and its DENSE aura. This tag could have just been listing A-Z of Bombay that defines me.

C my first initial and chocolates and Capricorn

D my last initial

E nigma - I am to others as well as myself many a times.

F cuk - The most versatile word in the English Language. Hear it in the voice of OSHO - a spiritual guru. No wonder its commonly used by many. (this is hilarious and NSFW - not suitable for work)

G ujarati - Thats what Iam - just an adulterated version from Bombay.

H onda - My first car that I totalled (scrapped) on the 11th day, skidding of the highway in heavy rains.

I nternet - If not for this medium, I dont know how life would have been - it has now become an integral part of my life.

J (ust) Like That Only - JLTO - syndrome - like to do many things this way - without rhyme or reason.

K ites - Love flying them - used to do it for months when a kid - perfect way to be all alone and talk to the skies, the birds, the sun, the wind, the clouds - miss it here though.
L icensed Architect for NJ - took 5 yrs bachelors, 2 masters, 3000+ hours of internship, 9 exams and plus continuing education (have to keep updating myself every year, collect points to keep the license active)

M ba - The (M)ane (B)addhu (A)avvde (Gujarati for I know everything ) people - if the person really knows everything I like them but if they are pretending - then you know what can happen.

N ew York - The city I love after Bombay. Having travelled to many big cities around - I simply love NY as it is closest in spirit to Bombay - physically completly different though - taller, cleaner and not as dense.

O cean - Love walking on the beach, being near it, sand, swimming, jet sking, sunset, sunrise, babes, beers ;) - everything about it (common I am a Tum right!!!)- recommendation - South Beach Florida

P az Vega - I like this Spanish actress - (spanglish was one hollywood movie) - very free spirited - we share the same birthday.

Q atar - Reminds me of this city when peole keep enforcing "krupaya prateeksha kijeye, aap qatar me hai" Please wait you are in 'Q" - now if I have to wait Why dont I have a choice of Paris or London or Bombay!

R oads - This is where I spend a lot of time getting lost, nostalgic, thoughtful, enigmatic - with my best friend (mentioned later).

S andwich - The best food on earth - can combine anything and everything in between two slices of bread - and can get variety of tastes - my survival food - am an eggetarian - and still can find abundance of things to pack in between.

T ime - I am extra punctual and it irritates people - Indian here want to work on Indian Stardard Time - means arrive an hour after the decided meeting time - even after an hour I am first.....had this one incident - was invited to a birthday party in NY - reached on time at 7.30. Parking in the city is more expensive than food - called this couple up - said that they havent still left home - I was like WTF - so he says why dont you take some drinks - I will get the tab -OKAYYYY - he regrets that moment till date - I drank like a fish.

U mbrella - dont like carrying it ever - like to get wet.

V olkswagen - My best friend with whom I spend those cosy moments on roads.

W ander - My favorite hobby - forests, beaches, roads, parks - I just like to wander to wilderness.

X aviers Boys' Academy- My school - I miss it every day....

Y why - Sometimes I wish I can stop asking so many questions....

Z yrtec (anti histamin tablet) to stop that deep grinding noise the pollen and sinuses are making!!!!

Wow!!! This was long - most people have done this tag - whosoever is still interested - be my guest - but you still have to pay the bill :)

64 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn..That is innovative.Good Work Sir !!

Neetal said...

Your Gujarati version of "ABC...." was hillarious ! where did you find that... if you made it up yourself... that was awesome and so so so so true...

I've heard there are lots of Gujjus on East coast (NJ)... but never knew the intensity of it...

Sunil said...

Hi there,
I'm also a partial Gujju (9years at Gujarat).

I've heard Osho's F***. It's simply awesome. :D

Great post.
Have a nice time. :)

Jaya said...

That was really cool.... Which part of NJ are you in? Me in NJ too.. near Princeton....

aneri_masi said...

hehe :) You ended with the same thing you started with :) Awesome!

I live on claritin. The non-drowsy one also puts me to sleep :(

Just updated my blog with something REALLY random, I doubt if ppl will even know how to comment on it :) Got writer's block sorta thing going right now :(

Cinderella said...

We share the same K and O !
Liked readin this one...

Cinderella said...

And oh, you got my 6 word memoir na ?

WritingsForLife said...

I like to do things Just Like That too.. :-)

Solitaire said...

Nice!! I am surprised we have so many things in common. My first car was a Honda and I too was a in a major accident within a month of buying it. My next care is definitely going to be the Jetta.

We are Capricornians (though I always knew that), one initial in our name is the same..in fact the entire name..and we are gujaratis...and I went to Mt Carmel (girl version of Xaviers)..hahah!!

BUT I am ALWAYS LATE (to work)!

Preeti Shenoy said...

The first ABCD was unique! Osho's video was one on my favs too. :-)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

That was quite revealing. You sure have a way with words. You made the tag so exciting to the readers. Not a dull moment. I'm glad to know that you also like to fly kites. That was my passion when I was younger. Anything with strings, whether kites or fishing line, I was so addicted to them. There was an idyllic feeling of peace when I did that. Thanks for the revealing post. God bless.

m.flowerr said...

E, M and Y have interesting definitons!! Liked reading them.

kyamaloom said...

B - Same Pinch
F - Hell Yeah! I saw that video a yr. back, needless to say hilarious.
I - So true.
J - I like that.
K - Mee too.
R - A BIG SAME PINCH. :)
T - Well, I hate waiting. But I'm always late. :(
W and Y - Same same, again :)

P.S.- The Gujrati version did manage to tickle the funny bone. :)

--xh-- said...

man, u totalled a honda on 11th day? tell me more - do a blog abt it one day.. which VW u drive?
a neatly excecuted tag... would love to see pics of your work one day...

Satish Bolla said...

the first part "American Born Confused Desi..." was awesome. but good thing that u revealed the secret abt it(that it's not ur work).
even i like paz vega. i first saw her in some spanish movie(i hope so as it's in some language which i don't understand and the sub-titles are in english(saw this on TV). it's abt illicit relations. became a small-time fan of her(know that am a die-hard fan of sonali)
anyways, good insight into ur ABCD world

Romila said...

Ha! heard this Osho video so many times. Good one. I like the "drank like a fish" part.

I like your enthusiasm in doing long tags, not only tags, your displine-ness in blogging.
Hail to thee!

Cosmic Joy said...

Very cool. Lots of info about the real ceedy!

Badu Saras :)

Anonymous said...

J (ust) Like That Only - JLTO - syndrome........

Gr8 ..I think.. No I am sure i have it too...
gr8 post bhai.. :)

Jaggu said...

Good post. Nice to know more about you. Keep writing. :). God bless you always.

KP said...

East or West Gujjus are the best!
Proud to be "Gujju"....:).

hu pan agree karu chu
M)ane (B)addhu (A)avvde ....lolz

I agree man NY CITY...city that never sleeps....:).

ceedy said...

@mishra

Thank you and welcome to the blog....

hope to see you more

ceedy said...

@neeku

I put up a disclaimer...its not original...have heard few versions, found one on the net and modified it a bit.....

oh you have to come here to see the DESI intensity - leave alone gujju

ceedy said...

@sunil

kem che bhai - majama :)

yeah that way i am a gujju, bombayaa and now amrican...!!!

thanks man

ceedy said...

@joy

I am from the north - joisey city close to NY area....

Princeton - cool you work or study?

and welcome to the blog

ceedy said...

@aneri

it has to end within - right it is my ABCD :)

zyrtec is prescription - and it also makes me drowsy....

well any of these medicines keep you on a high for the season :)

ceedy said...

@cinderella

thanks

gud you put the and in between K and O - or else I would have wondered what did I Knock Out!!

ceedy said...

@raaji

thanks

ceedy said...

@solitaire

yeah it is surprising :)

and well it wasnt mentioned here but how can you forget aamir another thing common....

Mt. Carmel....which city...if you dont mind asking...

jetta is a cool car - i have the passat......only thing is maintenance is 3 times other cars but hey its fun to drive them.....

glad to know you here

ceedy said...

@ps

thanks - just put a disclaimer - not all original

ceedy said...

@mel

thanks sir....yeah I like to play with words - they are but a myth right....thus so many languages....

thanks for you wishes my friend as always

ceedy said...

@m. flowerr

ahaaa you picked the lonely set...so do I see some similarity :)

ceedy said...

@rohit

bole to tu appunka bichada hua koi BHAI to nahi!!!!

Inispector ko pakkad ke dekhne ko bol - pichla Kumbh mela ka recards!!!!

ceedy said...

@-xh-

cool - gave me a good idea - will do that as a blogpost and also some interesting things on my stay here...

currently have a passat - but changed 5 cars overall....

will post some work as it comes - just afraid of privacy issues here in the US....so ask the clients and then post it.

ceedy said...

@satish

thanks man

you might have seen this movie
Otro lado de la cama, El
The Other Side of the Bed

she has some really cool other movies check em out

ceedy said...

@romila

one can only write if one is appreciated....

so hail thee too or else whats the point right :)

oh and i can still do that but opt not to drink like a fish.....

ceedy said...

@cosmic joy

ahaaa badu bahu saras....

thanks

ceedy said...

@samby

belcome - glad to see you here - hope to see you more

ceedy said...

@jaggu

please specify the GOD - I dont want them to argue ;P

ceedy said...

@kp

cool man - I know you have the MBA syndrome - ave hu aame su kahu :)

cheers when you coming the NY...

Anonymous said...

OMG!!
These blog taggies are everywhere!
Hats off to you ceedy as you've been writing about them from ions man..its been a long time;)

Anonymous said...

errmmm i meant "eons" not "ions"..my mistake:S

Keshi said...

u did the tag beautifully Ceedy..very YOU. :) nice!


cmon say the word Ceedz..FUCK it is LOL!

Keshi.

Ankur said...

its jus wow...
to know more of u buddy...

ABCD :P

I- totally identify
H- so u play NFS too :D
K- i still do, somehow life doesnt give so much time, but i try my best... i love it n miss it more now :(
S-eggeterian :D
U&W- u r like me :D

its really nice to read this and know u more...

:)

P.S. Kalyug???

KP said...

@ceedy...NY is in june man!! Not sure how things will work...:). we`ll have to plan it out!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! totally nicely done :)

I can believe about the car thing :)

u kne wha happened with poor dad on 2 diffr occasions?!

Scene 1 :- Hardly days old Indica, daughter driving...very "show-off bazz" thinks that the car can go thru half part of the gate... and one side of the white beauty had a full length line running there :)

Scene2 :- New Fird Ikon, driver very excited....accelerates..and hits the brake at the last moment! First day of the car.. on a red light does the same fiasco...car is hit by another one from behind...

The driver was thrown out toally..at that same moment on the Dekhi streets...MOm totally fumed and kille dhim with words "bhaari sadak main "

but she cant throw out the daughter :D

no rewards for guessing who the daughter was and is!

i have done this soooooo many times :D

that Spanish actress is totally sexy.. :)

ok ji bye... nothing more! I lov Delhi...never been to Mumbai though!! :))

Anonymous said...

and well i totally forgot... i love bread and sandwiches too... there is a world of things u can put in btw there :)

Lakshmi said...

ah ! interesting but man , what patience

Pavi!!!! said...

ohhhh..u have a New Yorker's and Bombayite attitude?Ahem Ahem!

i hate getting wet in the rain!do u atlst wear a raincoat?

i yet have to do this tag..just lazzy to take it up!i can't even remb who tagged me!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

i wud hav paid only if i knew all that bout myself!
great one thr!!
loved every single thing u used to describe urself!

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Thats c e e d y touch expressed Alphabetically !!
TC
CU

A said...

loved the title!

nice one thr...

and wandering....more than me, my mind does that!

:-)

Prats said...

Nice list of letters in your letters...

Loved the ABCDE'S....

When do u finish with your exams? is it so bad?? I'm sure you love it just as much as you like your work ;)

Satish Bolla said...

@ceedy
now, i remember the movie. it's the same "the other side of the bed". will check out others too

ceedy said...

@illusion

yeah man - as I had read on your blog once - I am new to this so the allure is still there....

to do the tags

ceedy said...

@keshi

LOL....glad you liked it

ceedy said...

@ankur

glad you liked it - yes kalyug to hai bhai....sab appna aapna socho ;P

ceedy said...

@veens

It happens....yeah parents are partial right ;P

well you have to goto bombay and eat a sandwich on the road .....

delhi is cool too

ceedy said...

@backpakker

thanks....it took me a week tho!!!

ceedy said...

@pavi

nope - i just get wet and have extra clothes in the car...when it rains heavy....always end up getting a cold...and yes the attitude has its good and bad....city life makes one brazen

ceedy said...

@gunj

hahah
just usea credit card and then opt to pay the minimums

ceedy said...

@anjuli

thanks - yeah that to...my mind is always somewhere I dont know

ceedy said...

@prats

Oh I am done with the exams - am already registered...now just have to tkae courses or seminars every year to keep the license active.

And thanks for ABCD

ceedy said...

@CU
thanks...I finally learnt the ABCD's

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Nicely done!

Aaahh Anti-histamines....my life-line!!