20080310

Ying Tag Yang

Tags galore:
Pavi -few (how many ever u can think of) traits in men that they think are not so good (PS: Not Hate!) and need to change.
Solitaire - Ten Things You LIKE About The Opposite Gender
Since there is no clear cut answers -I feel both of these go hand in hand so will tackle them together.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This post is based on personal experiances, it in no way resembles or focuses on any one particular gender.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally I bought the new game for my Dis - playstation - Ying Yang - by Bony Productions.
Premise of the game is simple : there is a couple living together in an apartment - you have to determine the next move for each player - if correct you get plus points and negative points for a wrong answer.....plus points leads to successful relationship and negative leads to disastors

Rules: The simplest rule that I could have ever encountered for a game - "Think and behave naturally - and act accordingly". The last game that had only one page instruction was a real toughie - so I knew I was doomed.......

Additional Instructions: Many games one plays has multiple levels - stage 1 to infinity and it becomes difficult as one increses in stages - this particular game is designed to be categorized in multiple ages - not levels.
I bought the one called YOUTH FACTOR - additonal titles like CHIDHOOD CRAPOMANIA, PUBERTY HANGUPS, MIDDLE AGE CRISIS AND OLD AGE SENILITY are also available.

The game -
Pick selections
Players - I picked professional woman and man
House layout - Picked one with one bedroom called "Started Apartment"
Time frame - I picked a week (wanted to see how the game was)
Objective - This game is based on real life differences between the gender. Think "Natural " to gain points.
Press "Start" to begin.
(taking a deep breath - I pressed "Start")
Monday morning -
Man takes charge of the morning proceedings
Man - Wakes up puts the coffee - decides to go read the paper - forgets about the coffee - reading the paper - switches on the TV - looks at the news anchor and relaizes he has to iron his shirt - coffee is still burning - paper is strewn all over the table - TV is on and off he goes to iron the clothes.....she wakes up and tells him the coffee is burning
What is the mans reaction - (here I have to pick the correct answer - help me out)
- Rushes to see the coffee and forget about the shirt
- Remembers to switch of the iron before going to check the coffee
- Simply gets bugged as says "Why cant you shut off the coffee - cant you see I am late"

Went thru couple of stages all interesting - stopped on Thursday Morning
Woman takes charge of the morning proceedings
Woman - Wakes up. First goes and picks the paper - lays it neatly on the table (anticipating breakfast). Goes and puts the coffee on the pot - goes out and sets the iron table facing the TV...enough time to shut the coffee off and come back and iron her dress and see TV - he wakes up, "Where is the paper and is the coffee ready and whats the news......" She tells him everything is set.
She does this because:
- She is a natural multitasker and can think ahead of the next move
- She loves him way too much
- Has accepted his daily ramblings and sees no point in arguing

Then I flipped thru couple more days - Reached Saturday evening.
Man - Was out playing football with friends - Invites two of his buddies to accompany him to his home for some drinks - calls his wife who is partially working from home - I am coming home with my buddies - can you make something to eat that you made last week - it was awesome - she stops her work to prepare that awesome stuff - its only sometimes he appreciates her and is pleased that he remembered that - she forgets about her work and its importance - meanwhile she straightens the house for the guests.
Guys comes home - dirty shoes and mud - all over the floor to the bathroom - bathroom is a muck - sofas/cushions are all helter skelter - beer bottles everywhere - food dishes slid below the table - in the end it looks like a hurricane just hit.
End of the night she starts to clean up on her own inspite of her pending work -
he looks at her - stretches his arms - and
- Helps her clean up
- Says honey I am tired will do it tommorow
- Simply goes and sleeps

Last I flipped to the last day Sunday at the mall
Woman - We need to buy the following items -
Matching curtains for the new cushion covers that we bought last week for the new sofa that we had ordered to match the carpet that was gifted to us for this new apartment
Have to buy a silver toaster to replace the one working to match the silver blender and coffee machine that we got as our anniversary so everything looks even
Need to buy a new dress with matching accesories and shoes for "X"'a party - and need to get you another white shirt and black pant
The guys applauds her -
- Because she is so visionary that she takes care of all the minute details of their life - without which it will be drab
- Thinks big and say - if not for women - there would be a lull in the economy - if they did not spend - it will lead to recession - also appreciating the fact that because of their innate quality for nitpicking - it challenges designers and manufacturers to up their game
- Why cant she do all this and let me be alone so I can goof off as if I tell her to buy a certain color or item - it will be rejected anyways - and deemd I am trying to get things done fast as I am bored of this trip already in 15 minutes.

Wow!!!! what a game - have to leave now or else I will be late for a meeting that I setup five days ago and told THEM to come on time when I am going to be late - while I still have to eat lunch and fill fuel and..........

54 comments:

Solitaire said...

OMG! What a game!!!
I am too overwhelmed. Dunno if I can play it!

Anonymous said...

Whatta a style Ceedy... You want me to give the reply.. or rather speculate the guys behaviour?

noh noh! uff!

Cinderella said...

YOu played it safe there, dint you, Mr. Rhett Butler ??!!

ceedy said...

@solitaire

well there are versions of the game where you can pick different kinds of players

ceedy said...

@veens
whatta style - is it good bad ugly...

well the tag was likes about woman and changes in man....so thats what I tried - you can speculate as much as you want

Pavi!!!! said...

OMG, this is sooooo creative!...i donno u too well,but im going to take the liberty of saying 'U handled this super-diplomatically!!" :-)
No offence k!

But never-the-less this was a good read. Xtremely smart!I'm smiling..and thinking..Do these games actually xsist or are they fictional!

ceedy said...

@cinderella

The tag was what I liked about women and what changes men needs to make - so I just brought out the positive about all the things guys crib about women and negative about what women complain and guys never change....

ceedy said...

@pavi

thanks - no offence taken - it was meant to be diplomatic - this is an on going battle between genders - one either enjoys it or frets about it - I like the former....these games exist between all couples - i guess it needs to be sorted out not in a totalitarian way but with tact....giving each other ample space to thrive in what they can do best.

also my work has made me over the years become like this - cant just go out and thrash a client and tell him/her your are dumb - have to massage in them my way or argument in such a way that they feel its their own idea - everyone wins and everyone is happy...

thanks

Neetal said...

Thats a complicated life game! but sounds fun... Oh you should check this out...

http://www.villagethegame.com/

its sort of educational and fun too :)

humm... you quite diplomatically walked your way out huh!

ceedy said...

@neeku

thanks for the link - cool....

well dont you think it is better to be diplomatic when one is not perfect!!!!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

is dat actually a game or just ur way to play safe with the tag? :P
interesting anywhichways!

Impressionist said...

wow! That games sounds fun!
DANG! I want to buy a playstation too!!!! :((

-I

Anonymous said...

neat!

Satish Bolla said...

wow buddy, that was an awesome game. lukin fwd to play it soon.
btw, i've dedicated somethinng for u. check it out on the below link and it's 266th comment. the song may sound a bit odd but can't help it out

http://tohellyea.blogspot.com/2008/02/bloggerville-crush-confessions.html

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I'll be back Ceedy. The game's a little too long and complicated for me. I'll be reading and commenting on your ensuing posts. God bless.

KP said...

nice way to d0 the tag!. where can i buy this game?.

ceedy said...

@gunj
You can read between the lines :P

thanks

ceedy said...

@impressionist

go get one....:)

ceedy said...

@abreysham

on the rocks!!!

--xh-- said...

somehow, never got hook of these strategy games... but thsi one seems to be intresting. let me chekc out wheterh i cna get a copy of it for my XBOX ro pc...
it was a total new way to deal with a tag :-D

ceedy said...

@satish

cool man - yes play it soon - and make your own rules and break them too

thanks for the dedication - glad you like it....

ceedy said...

@mel

No problem mel....I do agree it came out too long

ceedy said...

@kp

ask your relatives/or you yourself to find you a companion and then you can play that game....

ceedy said...

@-xh-

Agree dude - was bored of just listing stuff....so added some jazz to it....

well dunno about PC or Xbox versions - but you can get Real Life versions....;)

KP said...

I totaly had fun intended while writing this comment. I didnt keep "Disclaimer" in my mind while commenting. To be honest more on serious note ,I dont think...I am ready to play the game...:). Its one of the toughest game boss. One can never win in this game...Its sad and Unfortunate .

Cinderella said...

Hmm...smart move !
Loved your conception..
:)

aneri_masi said...

WoW!!!! Way cool :) Itna saara diplomacy kahaan se seekha?

ceedy said...

@kp

so true.....dont know what to say...I like your honest approach....

wait till you feel ready....

and i know it was a fun comment...

thats y i said companion not a wife......

ceedy said...

@cinderella

thanks

ceedy said...

@aneri_masi

dunno - maybe all the circumstances I am going thru....

Compassion Unlimitted said...

I could hear wedding bells somewhere and mental preparations pouring out as words.

well conceived plot ( ! )made one nostalgic..
The calm before the storm,is what men dont read properly and enjoy and continue reading newspapers and watching the idiot box..and when the storm hits....

Thoroughly enjoyable writing
TC
CU

Anonymous said...

ah lot of tags!!!!!!

m.flowerr said...

Oophs!!This is a complicated one...but interesting;)

Solitaire said...

I would rather that you spell out everything. I am so tired of analyzing and reading between the lines at work.

:)
Please?

KP said...

you are hittng some rough patches.....hang in there buddy. Sometimes changes are required. I hope u know what i meant.

on light note......
while i was reading you response this "companion not a wife" first thing this reminded me of NY Governor......lolz....did u see what he did? check it out......thatz funny....hehehe...I saw that...but than had second thought on what u were implying.....:).

Pri said...

whoaa...dont u think this post is a bit too diplomatic ;)
good game but rather difficult to win i guess...made me think if i could ever reach the next level :D

nice write!

cheerss!!

Phoenix said...

phew!!what a game!! :P

Romila said...

Looks like one of your fiction stories passing off as real life facts. Of course' the scenarios are life-like, I admit.

I also smell some mental preparation on an upcoming liason on the personal front. True?

Anyway, my quick analysis is: You're well prepared. Also your personal experiences (as you said) has really shown you how to tackle life-threatening situations (like this one)with tack.

Unknown said...

interesting. but some guys do multitask!

ceedy said...

@compassion unlimited

glad I kindred nostalgia - hope it did not make you sad....

and NO - no wedding bells for me (again)

ceedy said...

@ashu
yeah!!!

ceedy said...

@m.flowerr

yes...it is interesting

ceedy said...

@solitaire

well, take your time to look for that special person - he will be out there somewhere....dont hastily get into it out of frustration as it can lead to chaos in personal life

the reason for such a way to deal with this tag is - that there is no clear cut answer...not everygirl is like this and so is not every guy - if we knew these answers we all would not have asked these questions.

and personally I cant be specific about any of this since I myself am not perfect

ceedy said...

@kp

yeah man - Spitzer - spit it out....

well good you got it - not that kind of companion - that will probably only lead to more self hatred and make you treat women as objects - and that will make your life more complex.....

ceedy said...

@pri

its better to be discreet right...read my response to cinderella above....

ceedy said...

@phoenix

thanks

ceedy said...

@romila

this was a tag - so tried to be as discreet as possible

and no - no liasons for me for some time - past experiences have left me drained....still trying to cope with them....but am as positive as can be :)

ceedy said...

@puresunshine

I too am a BIG multitasker...

Pri said...

@ ceedy
(in reply to the statement u just made at my blog)
sometimes its better to find out whats really goin on before going ahead and assuming things on how they seem to appear to one...

Aarti said...

Hey

1st time on your blog, and must say am intrigued

Interesting game.. quite tough and challenging.... :)

Sameera Ansari said...

The battle of the sexes would go on as long as this world exists!Nicely done tag :)

ceedy said...

@aarthi

Thanks

will visit you too

@sameera

yes the battle is what is life - or else we all will be bored...

Preethi said...

Soundz like an interesting game. But while one is at it in reality, i guess "interesting" will not be the word! Doing it for a week will not do. When this has happened for years, i guess the reaction of both the sexes would change. Both would take the other for granted after a while, so I suggest you play the game everyday and after a month see if you maintain the same choices you made today.... ;P its good fun though!

ceedy said...

@preethi

welcome back

yes I agree - and that was the exact reason I could not do the tag as everyone did - put down 10 points - thats too rigid.....

relationships are amorphous and they take shape as time goes by....